Before you even start creating your first Digital Publication, you’ve got to understand what’s going on in InDesign CS5.5 and most importantly how the Interactive Overlays work. Here is a quick introduction to the Interactive Overlays.
CREATING AN INTERACTIVE OVERLAY
- It’s important to recognize that not all interactive InDesign features work with the Digital Publishing Suite.
- Use the Overlay Creator panel to create and format these overlays.
- When you build the files, interactive elements appear on top of the non-interactive page items, regardless of z-order. That’s why interactive objects are called “overlays”.
SUPPORTED INTERACTIVE FEATURES
- Multi State Objects
Use MSOs to create slideshows.
URL, Email, Page, and Navto hyperlinks.
Only the On Release event with one action is supported.
Placed MP3 files play. You cannot loop or stream at this point of time.
Supported video files play. You cannot loop or stream video at this time.
- Additional Interactive Overlays
Web views, 360 viewers, pan & zoom images, panaromas, and scrollable frame
UNSUPPORTED INTERACTIVE FEATURES
Animated objects are flattened when built.
- Certain Hyperlinks
Text Anchor & Shared Destination
- Certain Button Actions
Go To Next/Previous Page, Show/Hide Buttons, Sound & Video button actions are not supported.
- Other Features Not Supported
Bookmarks, cross-references, and page transitions.