Quoted from: http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2012/04/announcing-cs6-creative-cloud.html
Posted by David Wadhwani, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Media Business Unit on April 22, 2012 9:47 PM in Creatives, Digital Media, Executive Perspectives, Uncategorized
Today we are announcing two remarkable offerings… Adobe Creative Suite 6 and the all new Adobe Creative Cloud.
Creative Suite 6 is a killer release with hundreds of new capabilities rolling up to four focus areas:
- Application Performance. The Mercury performance work we started a couple years ago has now made its way to our imaging, video and illustration tools.
- Enhanced User Interface. Our tools are increasingly enabling direct, on-canvas editing of your content.
- Efficient development for Multiple Devices. Our tools are taking a practical approach to creating responsive content, so your web sites or apps look great regardless of the device or orientation they’re viewed in.
- Adobe’s unique secret sauce. The stuff that make things previously impossible suddenly possible.
Our customers helped us shape Creative Suite 6 and with it now in their hands, we will all experience things on the web and with mobile apps that we could never have thought possible. We’re going to see some incredible things.
It’s also important to realize we’re in the middle of a transformation in how content is built and delivered. With over 500 million smartphones selling each year, 400 million tablets expected to sell by 2014, nearly 1 billion people on Facebook and over 40 billion apps expected to be downloaded this year – the creative process is undergoing a significant shift. And we believe the Creative Cloud will help our customers go from idea to finished work more efficiently and with better results.
Creative Cloud Members will get:
- Great Tools. Members can download and install all of our CS6 tools and can use them even when disconnected from the internet. Members also get access to Muse (our new HTML5 tool for designers) and Edge Preview (our new HTML5 tool for interaction designers). They also benefit from deep integration with our touch tools like Photoshop Touch and Adobe Ideas.
- Storage and Sharing. Members content can be automatically synchronized across of their PCs, mobile devices and the cloud. The files are accessible from anywhere, on any device and easily shared with colleagues or clients.
- Publishing Web Sites and Apps. Members are able to host up to five websites for free and will be able to create and deploy digital brochures and catalogues to the iPad and iPhone.
- Ongoing Innovation. We view the Creative Cloud as a journey and intend to update its services often. Members will be guaranteed to always have access to the most up-to-date products and services all included as part of their membership.
We hope you’ll join us Monday morning online as we unveil more details about these technologies.
We couldn’t be more excited about both these releases and can’t wait to see what you do with them.
Hey Everyone, was caught up with the Adobe APAC Education Leadership Forum 2012 held in Singapore’s Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel on the 30th March 2012 and it was totally AWESOME. Everyone had a great eye-opener as to how various schools from around the APAC region are adopting and implementing Adobe’s technologies in the classroom and on campus.
It was a jam packed agenda with much knowledge sharing from both the Higher Education (HED) & K-12 markets. If you were not able to attend, feel free to head down to the following URLs to check out the presentation decks & pictures.
POST EVENT PRESENTATIONS
POST EVENT PICTURES
Quoted from blogs.adobe.com, posted by Vanessa Rios
Today we’re thrilled to introduce to you a brand new offering – Adobe Shadow Labs Release 1, which enables Web developers and designers to work faster and more efficiently by streamlining preview and customization of websites for mobile devices.
Adobe Shadow aims to alleviate the time and stress of working on websites across mobile browsers. Web pros can wirelessly pair multiple smartphones and tablets with their computer and simultaneously view real-time previews of Web content across multiple iOS and Android devices, quickly seeing refreshed website designs with live updates. Adobe Shadow’s synchronized browsing nearly eliminates the need to touch the device, but still provides a true, on-device experience.
We’re really excited to deliver Shadow and start simplifying the pain points of previewing, inspecting and presenting mobile Web content. We encourage Web Pros to download the free Labs Release 1 of Adobe Shadow available now at http://adobe.com/go/shadow and provide the team with feedback. To learn more about Adobe Shadow, visit the blog.
Catch Adobe Shadow in action below.
Quoted from Photoshop.com Blog by Cari Gushiken
The Lightroom team thanks you – all the photographers out there that downloaded Lightroom 4 Beta and provided us with comments and feedback. Lightroom 4 Beta was about validating the work that was done to leverage performance and image quality enhancements, like the ability to geotag photos and view them on a map, the new book module or entirely new features like enhanced video support. The community response was fantastic and we’ve made over 800 tweaks in response to your feedback.
Lightroom 4 is now feature complete and final. In this video, Julieanne Kost Senior Digital Imaging Evangelist shares some of the new enhancements in Lightroom 4:
If you’ve had a chance to check out Lightroom 4 Beta, you probably have played with the enhanced Develop module and all of its powerful new tools, like:
- Adjustment controls that maximize dynamic range from cameras, recover exceptional shadow details and highlights.
- Improved auto adjustments to dynamically set values for exposure and contrast
- Additional local adjustment controls including Noise Reduction, Moire and White Balance
- Presets that take advantage of new processing technology for speedy results
- Soft proofing that helps photographers tune images in a destination color space to ensure content looks its best.
- Ability to email images directly from Lightroom using an email account of your choice
After editing and adjusting images, the next step is to find a way to showcase them. A professionally bound book with high quality paper is a great way to highlight your photographic work. Lightroom 4 has built in tools to create them with text controls and a variety of easy-to-use templates, as well as a direct link for publishing your photo book with Blurb.
The intuitive Map module lets you pin photos to locations and easily import your geotagged photos. Seeing your photos on a Map can sometimes help you evoke memories of incredible vacations and favorite photo shoots. At the very least, the new Map module will make organizing your photos more easy and fun.
Now, native video support allows you to play, trim and extract frames from video clips shot on DSLRs, point-and-shoot cameras and smartphones. Video-specific presets and many standard Lightroom image adjustment controls can be applied to video clips, and adjusted videos can be exported as a H.264 file or published directly to Facebook or Flickr.
Download Lightroom 4 today for Mac and Windows and tell us what you love about it. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for more updates and information and watch videos about the new features on our YouTube channel.
We hope you enjoy Lightroom 4!
We are on the cusp of a new era in education as institutions today are exploring new ways to better prepare students for the future workplace. The strategic focus has now shifted on utilizing next-generation tools like tablets, e-textbooks and cloud computing to empower educators to deliver richer classroom experiences and more personalized learning environments while lowering costs. Throughout the day, various thought leaders will be sharing their thoughts around these topics.
Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to explore key trends in education including e-Textbooks, online classroom, mobile devices, tablet technology and campus moves to the cloud.
• Transformation of the pedagogical paradigm – Latest technology trends in education
• Integrating Digital Communication and creativity tools
• Engaging with digital natives
• Success Stories from around Asia Pacific
Click HERE to find out more and register.
Hey Folks, back again with the 1st entry of the year (Well, ignoring the post which I did for the greetings 🙂 ) Well, today is all about the Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA). It was a huge success last year with tons of entries from the region.
ADAA 2012 is here!! The 2012 Adobe® Design Achievement Awards gives higher education students and faculty from around the world the shortcut to brilliance to propel their careers in the future. Cash prizes will be awarded in Los Angeles during the 2012 Adobe MAX conference. Submissions close on the June 22, 2012.
Higher education students and faculty can submit entries created with Adobe software to earn a chance at winning recognition, travel, Adobe software, and winners receive cash prizes.
Both individuals and groups may enter up to three unique projects in the following categories during the entire duration of the contest.
- Interactive Media: Browser-Based Design, Non-Browser Based Design, Application Development, Mobile Design, Game Design, Installation Design, Innovation in Interactive Media in Education
- Video and Motion: Animation, Live Action, Motion Graphics, Innovation in Video and Motion in Education
- Traditional Media: Illustration, Packaging, Photography, Print Communications, Innovation in Traditional Media in Education
Find out more about the competition @ http://www.adobeawards.com/us/
Also check out the 2011 gallery @ http://www.adaagallery.com/
Hey Guys, thanks so much for following my blog throughout 2011 and hope you’ve found it informative & useful. And also, my belated wishes to you all and hope you’ve had a great Christmas celebration & a smashing New Year countdown.
Looking forward to update you guys on what’s new in Adobe and what’s our directions in 2012. Stay tuned folks.